Cinco de Mayo may be over but that doesn’t mean Mexican food is no longer in style. In fact, if you make it at home you won’t have to wait to get a good seat. Try this delicious Rotisserie Chicken Quesadilla recipe. A family favorite that everyone will love. Tip: purchase a larger than needed rotisserie chicken and have enough to create two different meals. Homestyle rotisserie chicken with mash potatoes and gravy would be a great choice.
Rotisserie Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
- 1/2 lbs Rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup Tomato Puree
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2-3 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 tsp Salt (adjust to taste)
- 8 Med, wheat or corn tortillas
- 2 cup Mexican cheese blend
- Fresh avocado and lime
- In a pan, add shredded chicken with first 4 ingredients (tomato puree, paprika, water and salt.) Bring to boil and simmer on medium until all liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To make Quesadilla, heat a flat iron griddle and brush with butter. place one tortilla, add 1/4 cup of cheese, followed by 2-3 heaping tbsp of cooked chicken with 1/4 of cup cheese (adjust per liking). Cover with second tortilla, cook on low until cheese has started to melt. Gently press the the top to seal everything together. Flip and cook other-side until crispy and brown. Don’t flip until cheese has started to melt or filling will fall out.
- Repeat Step 2 to cook all the quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla in four parts. Serve with fresh avocado and lime on the side.
These Rotisserie Chicken Quesadilla’s would taste great with a side of salsa, sour cream, and jalapeños or hot sauce to add a little spice. Instead of cooking the quesadillas in a pan consider using a quesadilla maker.
This Rotisserie Chicken Quesadilla can be considered finger foods and would make great appetizers for your next get-together, work party, or kids slumber party. Or maybe create a taco bar and include these quesadillas with several different dipping sauces such as salsa, ranch, or guacamole.
This Mexican-inspired recipe is one of our favorites, check out some of our other great recipes