Six Layer Dip
by Maria Zoitas
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Cloves minced garlic
- 2- 15 Oz. cans of black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 Teaspoons chili paste
- ¾ Cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- ¾ Cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 Ripe avocados
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ Cup chopped scallions
- ½ Cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Jalapeño pepper seeded and minced fine
- 1½ Cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Cups fresh diced tomato
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan and add garlic, beans and chili paste, sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 3 teaspoons of water.
- Using a potato masher mash bean mixture until smooth.
- Spread mix in a 2-quart glass dish and scatter the cheese over the mixture.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove pit.
- Scoop out the innards of the avocado into a bowl mash ingredients with 1 teaspoon of salt and lemon juice.
- Spread the avocado mixture over the cheese.
- Set aside some of the scallions, cilantro and jalapeños for garnishing.
- Mix for non-fat Greek yogurt with the remaining scallions, cilantro and jalapeños in a blender.
- Spread this mixture over the avocado and cover with lettuce, tomatoes and finally top it with the reserved scallions, cilantro and jalapenos.
- Serve it with your favorite chips or pita chips.