Thanksgiving is over and you are left with a TON of leftovers. Turkey, cranberry, mashed potatoes, and gravy! Put your turkey leftovers to good use and create this delicious dish Pasta with Pumpkin Sauce, Turkey & Cranberries the whole family will enjoy! Pair those turkey leftovers with fall flavors like pumpkin and cranberry. This dish is sure to be a home run!
Pasta with Pumpkin Sauce, Turkey & Cranberries
Nothing says fall like the smell of a roasting turkey, or a pumpkin pie fresh out of the oven. After the family and friends are gone you are left with lots of food and wondering what should you do with it. Grab your best casserole dish and all your leftovers and let’s create this Pasta with Pumpkin Sauce, Turkey & Cranberries dish that everyone will love!
Pasta with Pumpkin Sauce, Turkey and Cranberries
- 1 lb Bowtie or any medium pasta shaped (uncooked)
- 1 tbsp Olive or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup Sliced scallions, white and green parts
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 12 oz Can evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 cup Low-fat milk
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 15 oz Can solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 cups Chopped cooked turkey
- 1 1/2 cups Dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 Fresh fennel sprigs (optional)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large, deep non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add scallions, garlic and fennel seeds; sauté 3 minutes.
- Combine milk, flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir into saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat; boil until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in pumpkin, turkey and cranberries until well blended. Reduce heat to medium; cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta. Place in large bowl. Add pumpkin sauce and toss. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. (Garnished with sprigs of fresh fennel, if desired.)