Mini Meatball Pasta Cups
Recipe Type: Dinner
This mini meatball appetizer version of pasta and meatballs is fun for kids and adults alike. The meatballs are made with ground chicken, but you can experiment with ground turkey or pork.
- 5 7.5 oz. lasagna noodles
- 8 oz. extra-lean ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup/0.8 oz. bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley divided
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. each salt pepper and dried oregano
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup/2 oz. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp/0.7 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and let cool completely; cut into 24 (3-inch) squares. (Reserve scraps for another use, such as adding to soups.)
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Combine chicken, egg, bread crumbs, 1 tbsp. parsley, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and oregano. Shape and roll into 24 mini meatballs.
- Lightly grease 24-cup mini muffin pan. Cut small slits into each corner of lasagna noodle square. Fit squares into muffin cups. Place meatballs inside and top evenly with tomato sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining parsley before serving.