Moving into a house can be a really tiring and time-consuming process, which might also require you to take care of things you have never or rarely done, such as take care of mountains of paperwork, figuring out how to repair epoxy garage floor, checking all the windows for insulation issues, inspect the ventilation system, research different lighting solutions, and so on. Fortunately, it should not take long. On top of that, it is an excellent opportunity to celebrate and throw a housewarming party.
Would you like to know how to go about doing it? In that case, you should definitely keep reading! In this article, you will find a list of tips that will help you throw an unforgettable housewarming party, including preparing a unique menu, making the drinks interesting, and setting up a confectionery stand. Check it out!
Prepare a Unique Menu
To get your housewarming party off, you should surprise your guests and prepare a unique menu. You can go for healthy things, such as sandwiches, stir fry, and sushi. On the other hand, you can go for the more casual dishes, such as grilled chicken, double-stack cheeseburgers, and fish tacos. It is up to you!
Ideally, you should make that decision based on whether you are planning on preparing the food on your own. If you are keen on showing off your cooking skills, you can look for unique and demanding recipes. If you are not a talented cook, you might want to think about ordering the food from the nearby restaurants instead!
In order to make your guests happy, you should accommodate each guest’s diet. For instance, if one of the guests is lactose intolerant, you might want to prepare a few lactose-free meals and let that person know what meals contain lactose.
Make the Drinks Interesting
What about making the drinks interesting? It might not be cheap, but it is definitely worth the hassle! There are quite a few unique drinks out there that you can prepare, such as Amarula, Pisco Sour, and Schnapps.
- AMARULA is a creamy and sweet liquor from South Africa. It is made with cream, sugar, and the fruit of the marula tree. You can enjoy it neat, as well as use it to create cocktails and add it to hot drinks like hot chocolate, tea, and coffee.
- PISCO SOUR is an alcoholic cocktail that uses pisco as the base liquor and adds one egg white, lemon juice, syrup, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and a few drops of aromatic bitters. Most people drink it neat.
- SCHNAPPS is a strong alcoholic beverage that is known for its sweet taste and comes in a wide selection of fruity flavors, such as raspberry, apple, pear, plum, and apricot. Most people enjoy it on the rocks.
- GODFATHER COCKTAIL should be a hit among Scotch-loving guests (and even those who might need a little bit more convincing) at your party. With just two ingredients, this cocktail starts off sweet before coming to a spicy end. The balance of amaretto’s nutty sweetness and the spicy kick of whiskey makes it more palatable than drinking Scotch straight up.
On a side note, if you are a guest at some future housewarming party, you can impress your host by presenting him with a basket of Scotch-themed gifts that could include drinking paraphernalia and snacks that go well with this exquisite liquor.
Create a Special Playlist
If you want your party to be unforgettable, you need to create a special playlist that your guests will enjoy listening to. However, it is not as easy as it might sound. First, you need to adjust the length of the playlist to the duration of the party. You do not want your guests to end up listening to the same songs for hours on end!
Second, you should make the playlist match the party’s style. If it is going to be an energetic party where you want the participants to dance and jump around, your playlist should consist of upbeat songs. On the other hand, if you want the party to be about talking and making friends, slower songs are definitely the way to go!
Look for Entertaining Party Games
In order to make it easier for your guests to have fun and unwind, you should look for entertaining party games. There are hundreds of party games that you can choose from, many of which are suitable for children and adults alike. If you need recommendations, here are two-party games that you might want to check out!
- LUDO is a popular strategy board game for two to four players. The board is divided into four special areas, which are typically colored blue, red, green, and bright yellow. Each player is assigned a color and four tokens. The players race the tokens to the finish line according to the rolls of a die.
- MONOPOLY is a property-trading board game. The players move around the board, rolling two dice, as well as buying and trading properties, and building houses and hotels. Each player collects rent from other players. The main goal of the game is to drive your opponents into bankruptcy.
Set Up a Confectionery Stand
Lastly, you should set up a confectionary stand! It might sound silly, but it can end up being a great place for people to mingle. If you want it to work, you should buy a few different kinds of sweets and chocolates. That way, each guest will be able to find something that they like.
Ideally, you should focus on the confectioneries that most people like, such as donuts, candies, fudge, and cupcakes. In case you enjoy baking, you can prepare the confectioneries on your own. On the other hand, ordering confectioneries online is an option, too!
These days, you can buy sweets in bulk from the comfort of your house and have the said sweets delivered to your doorstep. You just need to find a reliable confectionery store, place an order, and wait for it to arrive!
To sum up, there are many different things that you can do to make your housewarming party unforgettable. For instance, you can surprise the guests by preparing a number of unique dishes and drinks, as well as set up a confectionery stand.
If you feel like throwing a bigger party, but are afraid that it is going to be chaotic and disorganized, do not despair! Instead, make a detailed list of tasks that you need to take care of, such as ordering confectioneries and buying the ingredients that you need to make specific dishes. It will help you stay organized and protect you from feeling lost and overwhelmed!