If you are new to Florida, and feel that you are unable to maintain your garden like you used to do, or as a resident of Florida you need a refresher course for gardening; this article will serve your purpose. Given below are some simple, yet effective gardening tips so that you can improve your gardening activities and be happy.
- When should you water your lawn? – Your lawn needs water, but that does not mean you water it all throughout the day. On an average, the lawns need 1 inch of water every week. So, if you water the lawn once or twice a week, you can be satisfied that you are done with the task. However, you need to water deeply and thoroughly. This will ensure that your plants are healthier and have a greater tolerance for drought. For more tips and details, see toolsdiary.com.
- What time of day should you water your lawn? – It is suggested that you water your lawn early in the morning. This is most easily accomplished by getting sprinklers and a timer attached to the right Gilmour hose.
- What type of lawnmowers do you need? – Lawnmowers are important and longer lawnmowers shade the soil. So, make a choice carefully. Make a note that the blades size should be in the range of 2 ½ to 3 ½. This assures that your lawn is healthy. Also, be sure that you keep lawnmowers blade sharp. This is important because it cuts and cleans better, which improves the resistance of grass to diseases. If you are looking for a good lawnmower, here is an online coupon codes for sears so that you buy the best lawnmower at a discounted price.
- What about plantation? – South Florida has a climate that allows native plants to adapt easily. However, remove weeds or other unwanted plants first. This allows more water to reach the native plants and thus, there is no loss of water.
- What are the causes of plant problems? – There are a number of plant problems, which can affect the plants in your lawn.
- Insects: Chewing insects and sucking insects are the types of insects you will find in South Florida. These bugs are so microscopic that by the time you know about the problem, they would have already done the damage. The only way to tackle them is to water your plants properly.
- Diseases: Powdery Mildew and plant viruses are two common diseases found here. The former is treatable but the later had found no cure. Apart from this, witches broom is one uncommon disease you will find here.
- Stress: Some of the root causes of plant stress are lack of adequate irrigation, sitting in wet soil and extreme winter cold snaps. Stress needs to be cleared at the earliest. If not treated, it can cause fungus. Sometimes, stress is even caused because of over-fertilization. So, strike a balance and don’t provide the plants with too much nutrition.
- How can you save water? – To save water, drip or micro-irrigation systems are needed. This helps in delivering water to plant roots. So, install these systems and save water.