Valentine’s Day is just days away are you ready? Do you plan on doing something special for your loved one? Maybe buy them something they have been wanting, taking them out to a delightful dinner or maybe making one instead. How about getting the kids in on the action and make your own ice cream! Sloan’s Ice Cream wants you to shower your loved one with sweetness by making Homemade Valentine’s Day Ice Cream. You can choose from several different flavors with directions for each below!
- 1 c. milk, cream or half-and-half
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 c. crushed or cubed ice
- 12 Tbsp. kosher salt or rock salt
- 1 gallon-sized Ziploc bag
- 1 pint-sized Ziploc bag
- Ice Cream Mix-ins (choice of one):
- Strawberry Cheesecake: ½ c. diced strawberries and 2 crushed graham crackers
- Peppermint: crushed peppermint sticks and ½ tsp. peppermint extract
- Cherries Jubilee: ¼ c. chocolate chunks and ¼ c. dark cherries
- Cinnamon Stix: ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Take the pint-sized Ziploc bag and add milk, sugar and vanilla extract. Seal the bag, releasing as much air as possible.
- Pour crushed or cubed ice into the gallon-sized Ziploc bag and add salt.
- Place the pint-sized Ziploc bag into the gallon-sized Ziploc bag, making sure to cover it completely in the ice.
- Wrap the bag in a towel or use gloves to shake the bag for at least five minutes.
- Open the pint-sized Ziploc bag and add in the mix-ins. Gently combine.
- Place ice cream into bowls and enjoy!
I’ll admit it, I’m not much of a romantic, my husband would totally agree. My husband is much more romantic then I am. However getting the kids to help me with some homemade ice cream would be right up my alley!
What do you do to celebrate the romantic holiday?