Have you ever sat and wondered why you spend all those hours at the gym but yet you are not getting the results you want? Part of the problem could be that the exercise routine that you are engaging in is not the right exercises for your body type. Our bodies fall into one of four types: pear, straight, curvy and athletic. With each body type, there are specific areas that you need to work on.
Pear- Pear shaped body types are characterized by a petite upper body, narrow shoulders, small chest and larger around thighs, hips or bottom. Celebrity examples of pear shapes include Tyra Banks, Rihanna and Christina Aguilera.
- Walking lunges-
- Put one leg forward, landing on your heel first and then forefoot.
- Flex one knee and hip to lower your body so that the knee of your back leg almost touches the floor.
- Stand on your front leg with the help of your back leg.
- Then, lunge forward with the other leg.
- Then, repeat by alternating the other leg.
Straight- Straight shaped body types are characterized by a boyish body shape with a fairly square silhouette. Celebrity examples of straight shapes include Gwyneth Paltrow and Kate Middleton.
- Sumo squats-
- Stand with your feet apart so that they end up being wider than your hips. Be sure your toes are slightly turned outwards.
- Then, squat as low as you possibly can go, ensuring that you keep your back straight and your heels flat on the ground.
- Raise yourself back up in the standing position and keep repeating.
Curvy- Curvy shaped body types are characterized by those who look great in a bikini, lacks all-over muscle tone and gains weight all over. Celebrity examples of curvy shapes include Sofia Vergara, Scarlett Johannsen and Kim Kardashian.
- Start this exercise in the standing position with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Lower your body to the floor so that you are squatting and be sure your hands are in flat in front of you on the floor.
- Kick your feet outwards so that you look like you are in the position to do push-ups.
- Do a push-up like normal.
- Kick your feet back into their normal position.
- Then, stand up and repeat.
Athletic- Athletic shaped body types are characterized by a short waist, square silhouette and lower fat ratio. Celebrity examples of athletic bodies include Cameron Diaz and Jessica Biel.
- Skater lunges-
- Skater lunges are done by doing a reverse lunge with your rear leg at a slight angle.
- Jump to your side while you bring the front leg to your rear. When doing this, you only want your toe tapping the ground.
- Then, quickly jump back in the opposite direction and continue to repeat.