If you have ever been to Dubai, then you have a great idea of how luxurious life is there. Cool cars, beautiful people, grandiose buildings, and even artificial snow – all this is available to tourists. Thanks to its atmosphere of luxury and wealth, Dubai attracts more and more visitors every year. You can even rent Lamborghini Dubai to feel like a millionaire in an expensive car. Here you can visit the most expensive restaurants and entertainment in the world. But many also come to Dubai for shopping. Let’s see where you can go to buy something.
Dubai markets for shopping and more
Dubai markets open from 8:00 am and close by 7:00 pm, with a lunch break from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm to escape the scorching sun. The markets of Dubai are a must-see. This is a traditional oriental atmosphere with a huge variety of goods and the opportunity to bargain.
- The Gold Souk is a symbol and landmark of Dubai. In one of the market’s boutiques, there is a ring listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the largest in the world, weighing 64 kilograms. The market features hundreds of boutiques selling gold jewelry, silver jewelry, pearls, sapphires, emeralds, diamonds, polished diamonds, and other precious stones. Traditionally, the products are made mainly in Arabic and Indian styles.
- Spice Souk Bazaar. Here you can not only buy the most popular mixtures, for example, cloves, saffron, dried barberry, cumin, orchid roots, cardamom, etc., but also get acquainted with what you had only heard about before. In addition, sellers let you smell and taste their goods.
- Textile Souk – get ready to be blown away by the abundance, variety, and colors. You will want to buy everything. They sell fabrics, ready-made textile products, ethnic wear, and much more.
- A market with local goods at Souk Madinat Jumeirah, where you can buy ethnic scarves, national clothing, art, and exclusive handmade souvenirs.
- Souk Karama market (Al Karama district) with replicas of famous brands.
Popular Dubai Malls for Shopping
Dubai’s shopping centers are more like cities, where even a day is not enough to explore at least one in its entirety. These are entire streets where people could even drive a car. There are shops, cafes and restaurants, photo zones, cinemas, attractions, rental car companies and much more.
The most popular and largest malls in Dubai
Dubai Mall – covers an area of more than 1,200,000 m2 (approximately 200 football fields) and more than a third of this space is occupied by retail space. It is considered the world’s largest shopping and entertainment center and is located next to the legendary Burj Khalifa skyscraper.
Mall of the Emirates is the second largest shopping center in Dubai (600,000 m2). It has more than 600 brand stores (mass market and luxury), one of the world’s largest indoor ski resorts Ski Dubai, a VOX cinema with 14 cinema halls, a family entertainment center Magic Planet, about 90 restaurants, and even the Sheraton Dubai and Kempinski Hotel.
Dubai Marina Mall is a 4-storey shopping center located in the elite Dubai Marina area around a man-made bay in the west of the city. There are more than 140 shops, a variety of food courts, cinemas, and entertainment areas for children.
Outlet Village Dubai – here you can buy clothes, shoes, and accessories from luxury brands from previous collections at a good discount. As well as textiles, jewelry, electronics, perfumes, and much more with discounts of up to 90%. Located in the Jebel Ali area, it looks like a medieval city street lined with hundreds of shops. A unique Italy in the East.
City Walk is a shopping paradise, occupying an entire entertainment district in Jumeirah, with several shopping centers and plenty of entertainment. Tourists often rent a car and travel there. Hundreds of shops, luxury boutiques, atmospheric bars and restaurants, cinemas, play areas for children, art galleries, the Coca-Cola Arena concert venue, and the Green Planet rainforest under the biodome.
Dubai is a real paradise for lovers of fashion, expensive clothes, and luxury cars. Even if you think you’ve seen everything, visit Dubai and it will surprise you.