Hot air, safari on dunes, skyscrapers, and man-made islands… A little more than half a century ago, the United Arab Emirates simply did not exist, but today it is one of the world’s economic centers and a place of attraction for expats and tourists. More and more tourists are choosing a holiday in the UAE: convenient flights, the Persian Gulf, unique cuisine, and a feeling of luxury everywhere. To immerse themselves even more in the atmosphere of a rich life, people use Ferrari for rent in Dubai and get vivid impressions. Renting a car is especially suitable for traveling as a couple. Many newlyweds rent cars on their honeymoon for comfort, safety, and interesting routes. And let’s find out which places are worth visiting together.
One of the largest man-made marinas, luxury hotels, and an excellent beach – Dubai Marina can easily be called the calling card of the emirate. The views here are captivated by the ensemble of grandiose skyscrapers, whose silhouettes are reflected in the water surface of the artificially created canal. Dubai Marina is often compared to Venice. This is one of the most popular areas, a city within a city with first-class infrastructure: a clean beach, many restaurants and cafes, walking paths and jogging areas, cinemas and shopping centers, pharmacies, and nightclubs. Transport in Dubai Marina is well developed: you can easily move around the area on foot, and remote locations are easily accessible by metro or rented car. Wait until the evening to appreciate the beauty of Dubai Marina, which is emphasized by the magnificent illumination. Against the backdrop of a ridge of skyscrapers stands another landmark by which the emirate can be easily recognized – the world’s largest Ferris wheel, Ain Dubai.
Must-dos in Dubai Marina
- Ride a zipline between the roofs of the Dubai Marina shopping center and one of the Amwaj towers.
- Explore the waters of the canal on a cruise. Many yachts depart from the marina, which then head along the entire coast, in particular to the Burj Al Arab area.
- Relax on the best beach in the area – JBR Beach. Along it, there are many cafes, restaurants, and terraces, and there are water activities: wakeboarding, kayaking and water skiing.
- Rent a car and go to the largest inflatable water park in the world – Aquafun. Its trampolines offer a magical view of the city.
The city center embodies all the features of a metropolis: noisy streets, and beautiful types of entertainment for every taste. It’s worth going Downtown for at least a day, taking a photo walk, and visiting the tallest tower in the world – Burj Khalifa, as well as the shopping mecca of Dubai Mall and dancing fountains. It’s better to take a rental car because the streets here are always overcrowded by tourists.
For a seamless fusion of oriental traditions and modernity, head to the Souk al-Bahar indoor market. Translated from Arabic, its name means “sailors’ market” – a tribute to the emirate’s fishing past. At the bazaar, you can find shops, entertainment, and restaurants. The Burj Khalifa towers over Souk Al Bahar, and the souk itself is accessible via the beautiful Dubai Mall pedestrian bridge, overlooking the Dubai Fountain.
Must-dos in Downtown
- Attend one of the performances at the Dubai Opera or at least admire its building: it is made in the shape of the bow of a boat and is a work of art in itself.
- Go ice skating. Such an exotic pastime for the local population is available in the Dubai Mall. Skate rental is included in the price, and children can use the penguin racks for free.
- In the same Dubai Mall, go to the virtual reality park and try two attractions: the Burj Drop falling from the Burj Khalifa and the flight over Dubai of the 2050 version.
- Take a look at the Dubai Design District, the so-called d3, the most creative district of Dubai, and visit an exhibition of contemporary art. Here you can find a unique designer item for the interior.
No matter how many countries you have visited before, the UAE will always find something to surprise you with.