Pina Colada Pancakes
Recipe Type: Breakfast
- For Pancakes:
- Pancake mix 1 cup
- Coconut milk ¼ cup
- Syrup from can of pineapple chunks ½ cup
- Canned chunk pineapple ¼ cup
- For Rum Maple Syrup (Optional):
- Butter 1 tablespoon
- Rum 1 tablespoon
- Maple syrup ⅓ cup
- Sweetened coconut flakes, toasted (optional)
- In a medium bowl make pancake batter by mixing pancake mix, coconut milk, and pineapple syrup until well blended.
- Heat your IMUSA NON-STICK GRIDDLE on low heat and once thoroughly heated add about 1⁄3 cup of batter.
- Gently press about 8 thin slices of pineapple chunks with your finger throughout the pancake and let cook about one minute.
- Carefully flip pancake, making sure that the chunks don’t come off, and cook for another minute.
- Keep warm in a toaster oven set at 200oF until ready to serve with warmed rum-maple syrup and toasted coconut flakes.
- For Rum Maple Syrup: In a small saucepan melt butter on medium heat. Once it starts to bubble add rum. Mix with a wooden spoon until properly mixed and add maple syrup. Mix and keep warm until ready to serve.