As good as eating healthy is for you it is a wonder sometimes that we struggle to do so. I thought I would list my own personal eating healthy “side effects”, to help encourage you to stay on track.
1. Clear Skin: This is one of the most noticeably side effects when I start eating healthy. My skin tends to clear up and just has a much better over all look. My makeup goes on smoother and I just look more natural and healthier.
2. More Energy: This is pretty obvious, most people tend to have more energy when they feed their bodies correctly. When your body is fueled at regular intervals it tends to be energized and you can feel the difference.
3. Feel Thinner: Whether you are eating healthy to help lose weight or have made it a way of life you tend not to bloat and your stomach feels thinner. At least this is the case for me. Usually three or so days after detoxing my body of sugar and other unwanted foods I feel slimmer.
4. Shopping is More Fun: This is especially so if you are losing weight. Right now I’m at a size where my closet is full of clothes but 10 more pounds and I’m going to have to go shopping and I’m going to enjoy it much more not carrying around 10 more pounds.
5. More Rested: I have found that when I’m eating well, as much as I’m energized during the day I tend to sleep better at night, which makes me much more rested in the morning and ready to tackle the day.
How about you, do you have any side effects to eating healthy that you notice about yourself?