It is out with the old and in with the new at the Shibley Smiles household. Well not too far out, the old is only moving to the garage. Thanks to my new Kenmore Refrigerator Grab N Go
Yep! Feast your eyes on my brand new Kenmore Grab N Go. I always thought a refrigerator was just a refrigerator. That was until I was saddled with a side-by-side, and before I had the chance to review this Kenmore refrigerator. I can not express my feelings of dislike for a side-by-side fridge. I am not sure what the thought process was when they were invented. You can’t fit a frozen pizza in the freezer or a pan of lasagna. The wall in between the freezer and refrigerator is a waste of space. The inside is definitely not utilized to it’s full potential. With a family of five trust me we need maximum potential!
In rolls the Kenmore Refrigerator Grab N Go and my prayers were answered. Believe it or not these refrigerators are not that far apart in size. The Kenmore refrigerator is a little bit deeper so there definitely is more room. However there is more room in more ways then one. The Kenmore Grab N Go utilizes every possible space available for storage of food, drinks, and more. This puppy is awesome for a family of five like ours. When I saw this in the show room I knew this was going to be a huge upgrade. In the past I’ve NEVER had enough room in our refrigerator and when it is packed I could never find anything. Unfortunately I can always find what I was looking for months later YUCK!
Get ready for a boat load of photos and detailed information on the cool and fun features of the Kenmore Refrigerator Grab N Go. Have I mentioned that this refrigerator is awesome! I love that the Kenmore Grab N Go refrigerator puts the freezer on the bottom and the refrigerator on the top. Since the majority of the use is in the refrigerator it is great to have it at chest level. So let’s throw open the doors and take a look inside.
The refrigerator boast multi-level recessed LED lighting on the top and sides of the refrigerator that doesn’t take up storage space and is more energy efficient than incandescent lighting. With the lighting on the sides in the front of the refrigerator there is no more packing your fridge and covering the light bulb often found in the back of many refrigerators. I love that they are LED and more energy efficient.
These sliding shelves were a feature I had never seen before. Do you ever have a tall item that just won’t seem to fit without some rearranging of shelves? In the Kenmore refrigerator the top two shelves are sliding adjustable shelves. You can slide in the front half to accommodate taller items. I thought this was a brilliant idea. I did find when rearranging my refrigerator to my liking that these two shelves do need to be placed side by side for the shelves to work properly when slid out. When I had them each at different levels the shelves would not lock in place when slid fully out.
Previously in our side-by-side fridge we had two crisper bins. One large one, that was never enough room for our vegetables and fruits combined, and then a smaller one that held our meats. I absolutely love the room and the 3 large crisper bins in the Kenmore Grab N Go. I keep my meats, cheeses, and wraps in the thin long drawer and then we have a separate drawer for each vegetables and fruits. This is great when I’m eating really well and stock up on fruits and veggies (let me write that down…stock up on fruits and veggies to appear to be eating well-or to actually eat well).
Due to the lack of space in my side-by-side refrigerator a portion of our door space was used for drinks, now that we have this spacious Kenmore refrigerator I no longer need to clutter the side with our many many drinks. Now I can use the doors for everything else, like our condiments, butter, cheese, etc. We had no problem filling up the side storage with all our food.
Having never had a refrigerator with the freezer on the bottom I wondered how ice was made and dispensed in the refrigerator when you obviously need a freezer to create ice. Turns out the ice maker is stashed behind the left door. A slim design it holds a small amount of ice, but not to worry it comes with an ice bin in the bottom of the freezer so you can dump the ice into the bin and refill as needed. We usually only use ice for every day drinking so we have only filled up the bin once when we knew we were going to need extra ice for snacks for the ball game.
You may have been wondering “What in the heck is a Grab-N-Go Door?” It is much easier to see when there is food in the fridge (photo above). It is a smaller door within a door. Here you can put your most used items so you don’t need to open the entire door, it is easy access for foods you use often like butter, cheese, etc. Our butter is in a tub so we were unable to put it in the door. I did store my stick butter in the Grab-N-Go door. The door is accessed by the push of a button on the door handle, this will unlatch the Grab-N-Go door only. You have access to the items in both the door and the side storage (see photo above).
I can now fit just about anything in my freezer, frozen pizza and lasagna pans both at the same time! The freezer has a three tiered system to once again utilize all available space. The top tier holds the ice bin and can be filled with your most used foods. I have filled mine with corn dogs, waffles, and larger or thicker boxed items. The second tier is thin and perfect for thin items like frozen pizzas and other frozen meals. The third tier consists of two baskets that are great to fill with meats, breads, and other large frozen items.
There is also a small shelf on the freezer door to store smaller items. I have chosen to use this space for my ice blocks and my Cool Gear EZ Freeze containers.
One thing I DID love about my side-by-side that I had not had on any previous refrigerators with the ice and water dispenser. Unfortunately though our side-by-side was brand new within the first year the flap that covers the whole that the ice comes out of got out of place and we could no longer use the ice. So I was excited that my new refrigerator was going to have a dispenser as well. I love the digital display of the dispenser, it is more then just ice and water.
- Energy Saver: this function disables the heater located on the refrigerator door in order to conserve electricity
- Accent Light: With three settings on, off, and auto the auto feature will automatically turn on and off the accent light according to the brightness of the room.
- Door Alarm: If this feature is on if you leave the refrigerator or freezer door open for more then 60 seconds it will beep to warn you (we disabled this feature)
- Control Lock: You can lock the dispenser pad
- Freezer/Refrigerator Temp: Using the dispenser pad you can set the temperature for both your refrigerator and freezer. I left the settings only after researching to find the settings were the recommended settings.
- Ultra Ice: This function increases both ice making and freezing capabilities.
- Air Filter: You can chose auto which will cycle the use of the air filter or MAX will set the air filter to run for 4 hour, then switch to auto mode. It will also alert you to when you need to change the air filter. It is recommended to change the filter every 6 months.
- Water Filter Reset: This will alert you to when the water filter should be changed. It is recommended that you change your water filter every 6 months.
- Water: This function dispenses water
- Ice Select: This function dispenses ice. You may chose between cubed and crushed ice.
I have one SMALL recommendation and the only complaint regarding the entire unit. I really wish the ice dispenser had a small spout to direct the ice. We often have over spill with the ice. I lot of it has to do with the whole for the ice NOT being at an angle so it wants to dispense directly down. However many of our larger water bottles are not big enough to sit under the dispenser and have to be dispensed at an angle this causes a gap between the spout and bottle and often ice escapes. This is a small complaint in an otherwise perfect refrigerator.
I noticed this little button one time when I was getting into the refrigerator. Having no idea what “Kenmore Connect” was I immediately referenced it in my manual. The Kenmore Connect System transmit data via your telephone to a Kenmore Connect Team member when you are experiencing problems. This doesn’t mean at any time someone can “connect” to your refrigerator. This is simply used in a case when you need troubleshooting. You have to initiate the connection via a series of instructions. I thought this was an amazing feature, that someone may be able to trouble shoot your issues by “talking” with your refrigerator.
Wow I think that is the in and out of my new Kenmore Grab N Go. However despite all my comments and thoughts it is hard to really see the size of it through my pictures. It is much easier to visual the size of a refrigerator when it is full so for that reason I have taken some additional photos of my fully utilizes fridge.
If all of my thoughts and information is great but you still want specifications and specifics here is a little bit of information straight from Kenmore about the Kenmore Refrigerator Grab N Go .
Jumbo capacity and Grab-N-Go convenience
The Kenmore 31 cubic foot French-door bottom-freezer refrigerator offers amazing storage space and features an industry-first innovation—the Grab-N-Go door. This exclusive feature keeps snacks, favorite beverages and frequently used condiments in easy reach in an extra refrigerator compartment that opens with a simple push of a button on the handle. There’s no need to open the main refrigerator doors, letting cold air escape. The Grab-N-Go door is also accessible from the inside, making it easy to load with snacks, drinks, lunches and more. This Kenmore innovation brings a new level of convenience to your kitchen.
You can also count on fresh food storage with this French-door bottom-freezer refrigerator, thanks to GeniusCool, which cools the freezer and refrigerator sections separately; the AirTight crisper, which keeps veggies fresher than a standard crisper; and the CleanFlow air filter, which traps food-tainting odors.
The linear compressor uses less energy, runs quietly and is confidently backed by a 10-year warranty. And, because the refrigerator is Energy Star rated, you save money and energy while helping protect the environment.
The Kenmore 31-cubic-foot French-door bottom freezer refrigerator offers more storage space than any other Kenmore refrigerator, ever*. It boasts these smart space-saving design features:
- The innovative Grab-N-Go door keeps often-used items in a inner refrigerator door that is accessible with a simple push of a button.
- A slim in-door icemaker provides more storage on the top shelf in the door
- Full-width, temperature-controlled gourmet pantry drawer stores meats, cheeses, party platters and more; it’s the perfect place to line up healthy snacks like yogurt tubes, veggie sticks, string cheese and fruit cups for easy access by little hands.
- Slide-away shelf makes it easy to store tall items like large juice bottles, wine bottles or pitchers
- 3-tier freezer drawer features 2 pull-out drawers and a deep bin so you can organize your frozen foods to make it easier to find what you’re looking for
- Tall ice and water dispenser is roomy enough for tall items like pitchers, coffee pots and water bottles and the metered fill helps dispense just the right amount of water
- Multi-level recessed LED lighting on the top and sides of the refrigerator doesn’t take up storage space and is more energy efficient than incandescent lighting.
It also delivers outstanding cooling, so food stays fresh longer:
- GeniusCool technology cools the refrigerator and bottom freezer separately, keeping your food at the ideal temperature and humidity, and keeping odors and flavors from spreading between sections
- Multi Air Flow Technology provides uniform cooling by circulating cold air into every nook and corner
- AirTight Crisper helps keep vegetables moist longer that a standard humidity crisper bin
- Up to 7 electronic temperature sensors help make sure frozen food stays frozen and refrigerated food doesn’t freeze
Or even better check out this demo of the Kenmore Grab N Go and all its features.
Disclaimer: I received the above product(s) at no cost to me by the company or representing PR agency. Opinions are my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. You may read more of my disclosure here.