This appears to be my week of talking health and fitness and my journey back to making it part of my life. Monday I posted a pre-review of Bob Harper’s Smart Success Smart Weight Loss supplements and will be reviewing them throughout this week with an update at the end of the days. Yesterday I confessed that my initial motivation at the beginning of the year got the best of me and I veered for a short time from my originally set path. Today I wanted to break down for you what I will be doing to increase my overall fitness level.
I need variety plain and simple. I can not eat the same thing each day and I don’t enjoy the same fitness routine day in and day out. For this reason I have so many fitness tools at my fingertips there is no way this can happen.
- Gym Workouts: I joined a local inexpensive gym that is 1/2 a mile from my home. I have committed to going to the gym and working out with my husband on Saturday’s and Sunday’s. We tentatively have a workout date on Wednesday’s however my week day schedule will vary through the baseball season. I have thoughts of getting up early to get some cardio in before work.
- Kinect Workouts: I just purchased You Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 for the Kinect. I also have Jillian Michael’s Fitness Adventure. Also soon to be in my arsenal of fitness tools is Zumba for Kinect.
- Couch to 5k Program: Another favorite of mine is the couch to 5K program. I’m not going to pretend to enjoy running. However sometimes I just enjoy the change up. One of my goals is to enter and complete a 5K. I very well may get back to this program as I start to feel stronger and gain energy.
- iPhone Apps: Two of my favorite iPhone applications are the two hundred sit-ups and 100 push-ups both made by the same company. This is a great application for pushing you each day to reach your goal. My daughter also enjoys working with me each day.
- Roller Blading: My daughter is on a mission to learn how to ride her new bike. When I was doing well a few weeks ago we would go out each night and she would ride her bike while I roller bladed. I think this is a great way to get in a little exercise and enjoy time with my daughter.
- Home Gym: If all else falls we have our own mini gym at home that includes an all in one weight machine, a weight bench with free weights up to 120 lbs and a treadmill (which is a sore subject because I should have purchased the )
As if the above wasn’t enough I also have in place some additional tracking and motivational tools. I own a FitBit, if you are not sure what a FitBit is you can check out my FitBit Review, and I love how it tracks my steps for the day and my activity level. I have decided to forgo this time tracking my food. I’m concentrating on eating healthy balanced meals and am relying on my choices and fitness to carry me down the path I’ve started on.
I’ve also joined the Quaker Heart Health Challenge to help keep me motivated. I will have some additional information about this challenge on Monday so please stop by and check it out and you will also have a chance to win $750!