We are just about half way through the year. How are you doing on your resolutions? Half way there? Finished? What resolutions? It doesn’t matter how far you have come or not come I say reward yourself! Take a breather from your everyday life and look around you, celebrate you and your life! That is exactly what Old London wants you to do, and they are willing to give one of you the experience of a lifetime with the OPA! To a Better You Sweepstakes.
“Opa!” is a popular Greek term used to express excitement and cheer. Greeks find ways to celebrate their heritage, food and family every day. They seek balance in their daily lives by participating in outdoor activities and relying on a healthy diet of olive oil, grains, vegetables, fish and dairy. The beautiful terrain and ancient ruins make hiking a popular activity, while others participate in water sports along the many coastal shorelines. Dancing is also a vivid expression of everyday life, and a large part of social gatherings and celebrations.
Old London is dedicated to helping you lead a healthy life. Here are just some of the snacks I received to help me on my own journey.
I absolutely LOVED the Garlic & Herb Bagel Chips the best. In fact as soon as they came in I took them into work and left them in my desk as a quick snack when I’m hungry. It is amazing some of the recipes you can make with Old London products. Just check out thesefound on their Facebook page.
Maybe you started that “new” you healthier 2012 version and have stalled, so here are some great tips from Chelsie Hightower and Susan M Kleiner
- Take your workouts outside. While a walk around your neighborhood might seem less exciting than a hike around Greek ruins, try to find something in your local outdoors that motivates and excites you. Explore a local park or a new neighborhood route to change up your fitness routine.
- Reach for healthy snacks. I keep smart snack options on hand to keep my energy up between meals like a handful of almonds, some Greek yogurt and honey or a few Old London Melba Snacks with hummus
- Love yourself. People come in all shapes and sizes, and what works on others won’t necessary work for you. Being healthy is about how you feel. Stop comparing yourself to others and begin loving the person you are from head to toe.
- Fuel yourself with carbohydrate and protein before and after exercise to maximize your workout time, enhance your strength and endurance, and burn more calories during and after exercise.
- For a healthy brain and nervous system, eat a whole egg every day. Egg yolks are a rich source of the B-vitamin choline, required to maintain the transport of nutrients into the cells and toxins out of the cells, and for every thought and movement that we have.
So I’m sure you are still wondering about that OPA! To a Better You Sweepstakes? What exactly you could win and how?
One Grand Prize: 8-day/7-night trip for two to Greece.i Prize includes the following:
- Round trip (coach class) air transportation from a major airport nearest the winner’s home
- Seven nights (double occupancy) first class hotel accommodations in Athens, Mykonos and
- $2,000 gift card for spending money
All you have to do is stop by the Facebook page :and fill out a quick form and you are entered to win.
Disclaimer: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Old London. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate. You may read more of my disclosure here.